Yale Repertory Theater
History Restored with Brownstone Products & Custom Fabrication
The historic Brownstone Yale Repertory Theater resides on the site of the former Calvary Baptist Church. Its building was erected in 1846 in the Gothic revival architectural style on a plot of land that was once home to one of the founders of New Haven, CT. The church was controlled by the nearby Yale University, which was already served by a nondenominational chapel.
Administrators found that the exterior of the Yale Repertory Theater did not match the dazzling theater inside; the masonry and stonework were literally crumbling away. Standing tall for over 150 years, the theater was in need of renovation.
Architects, engineers, and materials scientists from WJE Associates, along with restoration masons Universal Preservation Group of Middletown, CT turned to O&G’s Fabrication Center and Facility Manager, John Baranoski. His team received a list of the necessary custom stonework and a strict production schedule. O&G’s Masonry Division experts collaborated with the assembled specialists to overcome budget, design, and schedule challenges.
“O&G did a great job. We called this project a ‘summer slammer,’ because of the three-month schedule, so it was critical that we had the materials when we needed them, and we did. The whole process was very streamlined, from ticketing to quality control. O&G coordinated the lead times very well and everything arrived exactly as specified. The Brownstone product is excellent.” Tony Santangelo of Universal Preservation Group
Read the entire article and view the final project. Yale Rep article