Length: 1 hour
AIA Provider Number: J374 AIA Course Code: OC114 AIA Credit: 1 LU/HSW
LA CES Course Code: OC114 LA CES Credit: 1 PDH (HSW)
DP PDH: 1 PDH for Engineers*
One of the most exciting developments in outdoor living is the arrival of ¾” thick porcelain outdoor pavers. The concept began to spark interest in 2012 and is continuing to grow in popularity. Outdoor porcelain pavers have the same benefits as regular porcelain –being frost-resistant, skid-resistant, durable and easy to clean – combined with incredibly high breakage loads (up to 2,000 pounds) creates the perfect solution for gardens, terraces and high traffic outdoor areas. Outdoor porcelain pavers can be dry laid onto grass, gravel, dirt and sand – or onto terraces and roofs using raised supports – without grout, adhesives or specialized workers, making installation incredibly easy.
- Participants will be able to describe how porcelain pavers are generally
- manufactured and the differences between porcelain and other paving materials.
- Participants will learn about the different applications in landscape design for porcelain pavers
- Participants will learn how to specify porcelain pavers.
- Participants will be able to identify the proper methods of installation for porcelain paving projects.