Length: 1 hour
AIA Provider Number: J374 AIA Course Code: OC110 AIA Credit: 1 LU/HSW
LA CES Course Code: OC110 LA CES Credit: 1 PDH (HSW)
DP PDH: 1 PDH for Engineers*
This presentation covers best practices for designing, specifying and building segmental retaining walls (SRWs) as developed by industry since it’s start. The purpose of this session is to promote a zero wall failure initiative by educating the designers and specifiers in best practices related to segmental retaining walls.
- Participants will leave with an understanding of:
- Terminology and components of a segmental retaining wall system.
- Industry developed best practices for the design of segmental retaining walls.
- Industry developed best practices for material specifications for segmental retaining walls projects.
- Industry developed best practices for construction of segmental retaining walls.